IN THIS ARTICLE
This article introduces the Contouring Accuracy Program, a tool that allows you to measure performance, study variation, and learn from experts. Read on to learn more.
What is it?
ProKnow Contouring Accuracy allows you to study and improve the most variable (and critical) part of the treatment planning process - delineating the critical anatomy. If anatomy contours are not accurate, all downstream efforts will be compromised (plan design and optimization, DVH, plan review, delivery, and ultimately patient outcomes).
How does it work?
The Contouring Accuracy Program:
- Provides online, high performance contouring tools in your web browser so you can practice from anywhere
- Hosts both public and private libraries of "gold contours" across a large variety of image sets, including both CT and MR
- Calculates both sophisticated (StructSure™) and simple (Dice) accuracy scores
- Analyzes and displays variability across the population
- Provides vital learning media in the form of downloadable documents, links, and recorded interviews
For ProKnow Organizations, the "gold" (i.e. reference) contours can be provided by your organization's own experts, giving you full control over priorities and standards.
As always, one of our core missions is to cooperate with leading vendors in the field of radiation therapy. As such, we are partnering with Standard Imaging to leverage their patented and industry-leading contour assessment technology called StructSure™ (US Patent 8,081,813) to provide the quantitative analysis of contouring accuracy vs. gold standards.
- Sign in to your ProKnow account. If you don't have one, sign up for free.
- Build a contouring library using ProKnow or access one of the free contouring instances.
- Learn how to use the contouring tools.
Article is closed for comments.